Terms and conditions
This Site is property of Stampix BV.
Stampix BV Bommelsrede 12 B-9070 Heusden
Tel: +32 (0)473 816 222
These Terms set out your rights and obligations, and those of Stampix trading as Stampix (“we” or “us”), in relation to stampix.com and the associated mobile application (the “Site”), and any goods or services available through, and material of any kind accessible or relating to, the Site or us (the “Services”). When we refer to “Stampix” in these Terms, we mean us, the Site and/or the Services, according to the context.
You must take the time to read and understand these Terms before using Services offered by Stampix. By using a promotional code (“Code”), you accept that you are entering into a contract with us under these Terms. People who enter a Code on Stampix automatically establish an “Account”, and become “Users”. Users are entitled to order Stampix products (“Products”) which can either be paid for by third parties (“Sponsors”) or can be purchased by conventional online payment methods. Visitors to Stampix who do not become Users, but who nevertheless use the Site, affirm that they are bound by these Terms each time they access Stampix. You should be aware that these Terms may change from time to time without any announcement.
Obtaining an Account
An Account is automatically created by entering a Code on Stampix. If we ask you to provide some information about yourself during the process of ordering Products on Stampix, you must ensure that this information is accurate and current. You may keep this information updated through your Account.
Note that we are entitled to treat anything done through a User’s Account, or by means of an email address, phone number or other communications method associated with that Account, as having been done by the User; it is up to the User to maintain the security of his/her Account.
When you place an order for a Product, you may need to supply details of a payment method, such as a credit or debit card, (your “Payment Method”) and other personal details so that we may process the order for you. In the event that you supply an invalid Payment Method or a Payment Method that belongs to someone else or which you are not entitled to use, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Account at any time without notice.
The same person may not obtain more than one Account, including by using different contact details; if you do so, or we reasonably suspect you of doing so, we may suspend your Account(s) and use of the Services.
Important: You must ensure that the email address we hold for you is kept up-to-date and that you have full access to it – we will be sending you important messages there. So if you change email address, then you must change it on the Shipment section. Should you provide an invalid email address or an email address that belongs to someone else, Stampix may terminate your Account at any time without notice.
You should not establish and Account if you are under 13 years of age.
The Essentials of Stampix
Stampix provides Users with the facility to select digital images from various sources (each an “Image”), and to use those Images to create a Stampix product (a “Product”).
The Sources you can use for images are currently as follows:
- Images held on your Instagram account; or
- Images held on your Facebook account; or
- Images held on your desktop or mobile device’s “camera roll”
Where you use Images held in your Instagram or Facebook account, you must connect to that Instagram or Facebook account respectively in order to create a Product.
As Stampix evolves and changes over time, we may add Products or remove Products from our Services. We may also add new sources for your Images.
Note that there may be restrictions on the types of Product you can create using Images from certain sources, you will be informed of the restrictions during the product creation and / or purchase process.
It is the responsibility of Users to have sufficient web and device usage skills to make use of our Services.
The basics of ordering Stampix Products:
- Enter a Code to unlock free printing or select a Product category
- Enter additional information linked to the specific Code if requested
- Select from your Instagram or Facebook account, and / or from your desktop or mobile device’s “camera roll”, the Image(s) you wish to use on the Product. Adjust the Images if necessary and add a short text for each Image.
- Enter shipment address, email address and date of birth. Optionally: add a profile picture.
- In case of a premium Product: go through the payment process and confirm your purchase on the Site
- We email you an Order Confirmation
- We manufacture the Product
- We send you a “shipping confirmation” email
- We send the Product to you
- In case Users order a Product that is paid by one or more Sponsors, we will use all the available data and information related to these Users to optimize the match between Sponsor and User.
User Content and Content Rules
Images and other material (including textual annotations to and comments on Images) used, accessed or transmitted by a User on, through or in connection with Stampix, including for the purpose of creating a Product, are treated as “User Content” for the purposes of these Terms.
Users must have the right to deal with User Content in the manner provided by our Services. You must not create a Product if you do not have the right to do so.
Each User shall ensure that User Content does not:
- infringe anyone’s copyright; in particular, you must ensure that you either own the copyright in an Image that you use to create a Product or that you are fully licensed by the copyright owner to do so;
- infringe any other rights, such as a trade mark, of any person or entity or a duty owed to any person or entity, such as a duty of confidentiality;
- contravene any applicable law (including, without limitation, any criminal law) or regulation;
- include anything that is false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, abusive, threatening or defamatory, or that might cause needless annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person;
- misrepresent identity in any way or impersonate any person;
- include any material containing personally identifying information about another person, such as their real name, address, phone number, or email address, except with the written approval of that person;
- contain material which is pornographic, obscene, indecent or offensive, which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that may incite hatred or violence against any person or group;
- harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any person;
- give the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
The above are our Content Rules.
Although we prohibit breaches of our Content Rules, we cannot control and do not monitor or pre-screen the use of our Site. It is possible that Images or other User Content may be used in a way which contravenes our Content Rules. We are not responsible for such Images or User Content, but if you become aware of any such infringing use of Images or User Content please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may without notice prevent any use of Services (including purchase of Products) which includes any Image or User Content that contravenes our Content Rules.
The standard method of delivery for Products is regular postage.
If you can see any sign of damage to the exterior of the envelope or parcel containing a Product, please contact Stampix at email@example.com or our support tool.
We reserve the right to make delivery of Products by installments.
If you wrongfully fail to take delivery of an ordered Product then we shall be under no obligation to refund the price.
Complaints or claims concerning Products must be notified to us within 28 days of the receipt of the relevant Product, or in the case of non-delivery, in a reasonable time after the relevant Product was expected to arrive.
Intellectual property rights
Access to Stampix, including trademarks, logos, drawings, data, product or company names, texts, images, etc. are protected by intellectual property rights and belong to Stampix BV or entitled third parties.
The information on the Site is general in nature. It is not adapted to personal or specific circumstances and can therefore not be regarded as personal, professional or judicial advice for the User.
Stampix does everything in its power to ensure that the information made available is complete, correct, accurate and updated. However, despite these efforts inaccuracies may occur when providing information. If the information provided contains inaccuracies or if specific information on or via the Site is unavailable, Stampix shall make the greatest effort to ensure that this is rectified as soon as possible.
Stampix cannot be held responsible for direct or indirect damage caused by the use of the information on this Site. The Site and mobile application manager should be contacted if the user has noticed any inaccuracies in the information provided by the Site.
The contents of the Site (including links) may be adjusted, changed or extended at any time without any announcement or advance notice. Stampix gives no guarantees for the smooth operation of the Site and cannot be held responsible in any way for the poor operation or temporary unavailability of the Site or for any type of damage, direct or indirect, which may occur due to the access to or use of the Site.
Stampix can in no case be held liable, directly or indirectly, specifically or otherwise, vis-à-vis anyone for any damage attributable to the use of this Site or any other one, in particular as the result of links or hyperlinks including, but not limited to, any loss, work interruption, damage of the user’s programs or other data on the computer system, hardware, software or otherwise.
The Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites or pages of third parties or refer to these indirectly. The placing of links on these websites or pages shall not imply in any way the implicit approval of the contents thereof. Stampix expressly declares that it has no authority over the contents or over other features of these websites and can in no case be held responsible for the contents or features thereof or for any other type of damage resulting from their use.
Applicable legislation and competent courts
This Site is governed by Belgian law. Only the courts of the district of Ghent are competent to settle any disputes.
Users must not use the Services in connection with the sending of any unsolicited messages, or to harvest or otherwise collect information about Users, including email addresses, without their express consent. No User may use any information regarding other Users that is accessible through the Services except as expressly permitted by these Terms.
Additionally Stampix provides potential Sponsors with the facility to test its Services by ordering a simplified Product via the Site (”Sample”). The usage of this Sample fuctionality on the Stampix Business site is only intended for people representing a marketing departement of a company qualified or interested to book a Stampix advertisement campaign.
Stampix has the right to refuse an order made through the sample functionality in case the person does not have the intentions or interests to start a Stampix advertisement campaign or if that person does not fit the qualifications made by the sales team.