Privacy Statement Stampix CVBA
At Stampix, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Who are we?
Stampix is an online platform that offers users a service to order products for free by means of a promotional code. The codes can be obtained via various channels including but not limited to email, mobile communication, social media or third parties that distribute the codes. Stampix carefully matches the user and the Sponsor (third parties that finance the service) by analysing the user’s personal information. As we coin the motto ‘the right message to the right person’, we aim to offer relevant advertising on our free products.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use the following means in order to print your pictures for free: our mobile application, our website, our Messenger Bot and the websites made for our clients., In addition, we collect information if you register to receive new printcodes or if you buy a new printcode.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect includes:
- Your first name;
- Your last name;
- Your gender;
- Your birthday;
- Your delivery address(es) and email address;
- Your images and other user content;
- Metadata of your images (location and date);
- The codes you used in the past;
- Correspondence with and from Stampix;
- Your preferences with regard to receiving communications from Stampix;
- Information about your use of Stampix, your browsing on our app and website and online purchasing activity when buying a printcode
- Your billing address (if applicable);
- Phone number(s) (optional);
- Your Instagram username (optional);
- Your Facebook username (optional); and
- Details which we may ask you to submit in order to verify your identity. We might make this request if we suspect the use of fake accounts. For more information, check our fair use policy.
In order to make use of some of our services, one of our partners might request you to supply additional personal details . For example, if a code is only valid for students, users can be requested to enter their student card number and to specify which course they are signed up for. That information will only be used to provide the service for which the information was requested.
How is your information used?
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us in order to:
- provide Stampix to you;
- tailor aspects of your Stampix experience to meet your needs;
- tailor the advertisement on your Stampix product in case a promotional code was used;
- contact you if we can provide products we think might interest you and which bear your images or which we would like you to assess for market research purposes;
- crate personalised products selected by you;
- deliver these products to you;
- establish a link between your account your product purchases and yourself and to verify your identity;
- provide you with order and delivery information;
- provide customer support;
- contact you by email and on your mobile phone (for instance by sending text messages (SMS) and “push” notifications);
- conduct market research (for instance on customer satisfaction);
- prevent and detect fraud or other crimes.
With market research purposes we mean sending you promo-material or new products we are developing with the aim of measuring your opinion, reaction, enthusiasm or buying-possibility.
We automatically collect anonymous information about your use of Stampix (through Google Analytics). For example, we automatically log which parts of Stampix you access, which web browser you use and which website linked you to Stampix. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of Stampix, and to help target aspects of Stampix and advertising to you more accurately.
How long do we keep your information?
Your personal information will be kept up to 3 years after your last order on any of our Stampix channels (such as our application/website/messenger bot).
Your pictures will be kept up to 6 months after the order. We keep the pictures in order to automatically print them again in case of a computer crash, a miscommunication with one of our partners or any other event of loss.
Who has access to your information?
We will not hire out or sell your information to third parties, unless you give us your consent in the following way:
- You choose to give your information to third parties, to receive the offers and promotions of their products and services.
- You instruct us to share your personal information with websites and platforms of third parties.
We will not disclose any of our personal data without your permission unless:
- We are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purpose of crime or fraud prevention or detection);
- We are in negotiation with a third party in order to sell or purchase the business or business assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Stampix, or all of its assets, is taken over by a third party, in which case personal data held by Stampix about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
What are the different possibilities regarding communication preferences?
The emails and messages on your mobile phone which we send you fall into two categories:
- Emails (we call them newsletters) and messages on your mobile phone (we call them messaging alerts) provide you with information about offers, new products and other things that we assume you or Stampix customers in general may be interested in.
- The emails and messaging alerts which we send to you concerning activity on your Stampix Account (‘Service Messages’), more specifically in order to:
- remind you of unused free printing Codes
- remind you of unordered items in your online basket
- remind you to use your Stampix codes before they expire
- ask you to participate in our surveys on your feedback about orders you have placed with Stampix
- ask you to participate in our surveys on your contact with our customer service team
You can notify us of your preferences by opting in or out of receiving our newsletters, Service Messages and/or messaging alerts when you are logged in to your Stampix account, or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” option in our newsletters or Service Messages. Please note that if you opt out of receiving our newsletters or Service Messages, you will cease to receive all of our newsletters and Service Messages.
Please note that emails and alerts which we send you concerning your transactions – that is, emails and alerts that we need to send you relating directly to your orders and purchases form Stampix – are unaffected by your preferences for newsletters and other Service Messages. So if you opt out of receiving our newsletters or Service Messages you will nevertheless continue to receive emails and/or alerts which confirm orders which you make from us, the shipping of the products you have ordered, and any other emails or alerts which are necessary to effect a transaction with you.
While we do our best to act on your preferences as soon as we can, please be aware that it may take up to 7 days for changes to your preferences – an opt in or out, or an unsubscribe – to take effect.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive communications from us about our work or new printcodes, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the your information form.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text communications unless you have given your prior consent.
How can you access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change your email address, home address, or if any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at:
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
Stampix is committed to take all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against loss, misuse, destruction, unintended changes, damages or publication. Stampix will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions which has been entered on our website will be protected by encryption technology.
Notwithstanding Stampix’ security policies, controls and its efforts in general, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed by Stampix. Since no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, Stampix cannot guarantee absolute security.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party’s site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated May 20th 2018.