Privacy Statement Stampix CVBA
We are a company registered in Belgium (registration number BE0651901465) under the name Stampix CVBA; the address of our registered office is Bommelsrede 12, 9070, Heusden, Belgium. For the purposes of this Site and its Services, we trade as Stampix.
Stampix guarantees your right on privacy and data protection according the Belgian law on the processing of personal data (Law of December 8th, 1992 – Protection of the personal atmosphere with regards to the processing of personal data).
The use of any of the Services offered by Stampix implies your explicit agreement (via your action of opt-in) with the way in which we use your personal data as indicated below:
Stampix is an online platform that offers Users a Service to order Products for free by means of a promotional Code. The Codes can be obtained via various channels including but not limited to email and mobile communication, social media or through third parties that distributes the Codes. By analyzing the personal information of the User an optimal match is made between the User and the Sponsor (third parties that finance the Service). The aim is to offer relevant advertising on these free Products ordered via Codes with the motto 'the right message to the right person'.
What personal information do we collect about you ?
When you access and move around Stampix, use a Code and an Account with Stampix or order a Product from Stampix, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- your Instagram username (optional);
- your Facebook username (optional);
- your first name;
- your last name;
- your gender;
- your birthday;
- billing address (where applicable) ;
- delivery addresses, email address;
- phone number(s) (optional);
- your Images and other User Content;
- metadata of your Images (location and date);
- the Codes you used in the past;
- correspondence with and from Stampix;
- your preferences about receiving communications from Stampix;
- information about your use of Stampix, and your browsing and online purchasing activities; and
- details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
In order to take advantage of some of our Services, you may need to supply us with additional personal details requested by a third party (for example, if a Code is valid only for students they may be requested to enter their student card number and specify which course they are in). We will not use this information for anything other than providing the Services for which the information was supplied.
How do we use your personal information?
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by our subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us:
- to provide Stampix to you;
- to tailor aspects of your experience of Stampix;
· to tailor the advertisement on your Stampix Product in case a promotional Code was used;
- to contact you to provide examples of Products bearing your Images we think might interest you, or which we would like you to assess for market research purposes;
- to create personalised Products selected by you;
- to deliver these Products to you;
- to associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
- to provide you with order and delivery information;
- to provide customer support;
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and “push” notification);
- for customer satisfaction and other market research purposes; and
- in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
We may automatically collect anonymous information about your use of Stampix. For example, we may automatically log which parts of Stampix you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to Stampix. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of Stampix, and to help target aspects of Stampix and advertising to you more accurately.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Stampix, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Stampix about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
In case you make use of our Services by means of a Code that is tailored to one single Sponsor – which you only received since you are a customer of that Sponsor and in which case the Code itself or any subsequent data collection field should clearly indicate that the Code is linked to this Sponsor solely – Stampix shall disclose your email address to that Sponsor.
In all other situations, Stampix shall only sell, rent or otherwise share or disclose your personal data to one or more (other) Sponsors upon having received your consent (e.g. via opt-in). The Sponsor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Your communication preferences
The emails and mobile text communications which we may send to you fall into two categories:
- Emails (we call them newsletters) and mobile text communications (we call them messaging alerts) may provide you with information about offers, new Products and other things that we think may interest you or Stampix customers generally.
- The emails and messaging alerts which we may send you concerning activity on your Stampix Account (“Service Messages”), specifically:
- To remind you of unused free printing Codes
- To remind you of unordered items in your online basket
- To remind you to use your Stampix Codes before they expire
- Surveys to capture your feedback on orders you have placed with Stampix
- Surveys to capture your feedback on contact with our customer service team
You can notify us of your preferences, by opting in or out of receiving our newsletters, Service Messages and/or messaging alerts, when you are logged in to your Stampix account, or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” option in our emailed newsletters or Service Messages. Please note that if you opt out of receiving any of our newsletters or Service Messages, you will cease to receive all of our newsletters and Service Messages.
Please note that emails and alerts which we send you concerning your transactions – that is, emails and alerts that we need to send you relating directly to your orders and purchases from Stampix – are unaffected by your preferences for newsletters and other Service Messages. So if you opt out of receiving our newsletters or Service Messages you will nevertheless continue to receive emails and/or alerts which confirm orders which you make from us, the shipping of the Products you have ordered, and any other emails or alerts which are necessary to effect a transaction with you.
While we do our best to act on your preferences as soon as we can, please be aware that it may take up to 7 days for changes to your preferences – an opt in or out, or an unsubscribe - to take effect.
Disclosing your personal data
We retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by low or to otherwise fulfil a legal obligation.
Your privacy rights
The Belgian law on processing of personal data foresees the opportunity – free of charge – to review, correct, update, or delete your personal data. Please contact us via
Stampix is committed to take all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against loss, misuse, destruction, unintended changes, damages or publication. Stampix will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Notwithstanding Stampix’ security policies, controls and its efforts in general, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed by Stampix. No method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, for which Stampix cannot guarantee absolute security.
Updating this Privacy Statement
Stampix’ Site may contains links to other websites. In no event, Stampix is responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
When you register for a Stampix account you explicitly agree with your personal information being processed as mentioned in this Privacy statement.
The Belgian law on processing of personal data foresees the opportunity to inquire or change on your personal data. Via you can reach us for all elements mentioned in this privacy statement.